We haven’t officially cancelled the June BrewDog Run yet, and are really just playing a bit of a waiting game for now, for the following reasons:
1. We really don’t know where the country will be in 8 weeks time. If we are still in lockdown, obviously it cannot go ahead
2. If lockdown is over and we appear to be past the worst of the pandemic, people are likely to want to get out and run together again.
3. From our point of view as organisers, most of the work has already been done, and everything bought. Therefore we are primed and ready to go at ‘reasonably’ short notice
4. We appreciate most other events have cancelled or postponed. That gives people certainty. But on the other hand, it’s not as if you are likely to be planning something else that weekend...
5. If we do cancel the June run, we would want to be able to offer a postponed date. That might be July or it might be October. We don’t know until we are closer to coming out the other side of this.
So, right now we are just playing it by ear. We have not offered any more spaces to those on the wait list however there is still scope to do that if we decide to go ahead in June.
If we postpone and the new date doesn’t work, then we will refund entries.
I hope this helps clear things up. If there’s a groundswell of opinion that we should just cancel now, then we would listen.
But I like to stay optimistic that there will be a much brighter outlook in 8 weeks time.
Keep well everyone
P.S. the same applies for a new date for the Fife run. We’d love to rearrange that in the early summer, and arrange refunds for those who cannot manage.
The BrewDog Run
The Fit Like Joggers organise one of the greatest events in the running calendar - The BrewDog Run
This event began in 2016, and is so popular, we now run it three times a year. Combining beer and running, what more could you ask for?
We follow a 21 mile (34k) route from BrewDog Castlegate, through town via Dyce, and along the old railway line, through Newmachar, before reaching Ellon, and the brewery at Dogtap and Overworks
The FLJs provide all the support in advance, and on the day, and any surplus proceeds go towards funding the club
The next run is planned for Saturday 6th June, and sign-ups will open on Entrycentral on 1st March.
We are also holding a BrewDog Run on Tour - 19.5 miles from BrewDog Dundee to St Andrews on Saturday 21st March, and sign ups are now open