WE'RE BACK ON HOLD...
The latest lockdown restrictions mean we have to cancel all organised runs, until the restrictions are eased, some time after 1st February.
You can still go out for informal exercise with one other person, so please do keep getting out.
If we return to Level 4, we will continue with groups of 8 people, and if we go to level 3, we can have 15 people, provided we comply with certain measures.
Everyone will have to sign up in advance through the Spond app. This way we can also manage group sizes.
The groups will be graded according to pace, with groups 1 & 2 running around 6 to 6.30 minutes/km, and groups 3 and 4 running around 6.30 to 7.30 minutes / km, depending on who is there.
The main group runs will be on Monday and Wednesday evening at 7pm, and we will resume our hill reps/lamppost run on Wednesday morning at 6am, and a single combined group 5k run at 6am on Friday morning.
THE FIT LIKE JOGGERS
Couch to 5k and Beyond
Located in Aberdeen, The Fit Like Joggers Club provides a great opportunity to begin your running journey. You never know where it might lead you...
- Mid Session DrinksWed, Feb 24The Great Western Hotel Aberdeen
- FLJ support at the Summer BrewDog RunSat, Jun 05BrewDog Castlegate
- New Couch to 5k Programme *postponed until we come out of Level 4Mon, Jan 11Hammerton StoreJan 11, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM GMTHammerton Store, 336 Great Western Rd, Aberdeen AB10 6LX, UKNo promises, but we "hope" to start a new Couch to 5k Programme in January 2021. Under current restrictions, numbers will be limited to 13 participants in each group, and we may have two separate groups going. Open to anyone who wants to get in to (or back to) running.
- GEF Speed Quiz - postponedThu, May 21McGinty's Meal an' Ale
- Fit Like PloggersSat, Mar 07St. Fittick's Community GardenMar 07, 2020, 11:30 AM – 12:45 PMSt. Fittick's Community Garden, St Fitticks Rd, Aberdeen AB11 9QT, UKJoin us on Saturday morning for an FLJ community clean up. We will start and finish at the site of the community garden on St Fittick’s Road (at the end of Balnagask Road) This is just beside the clubhouse for Nigg Bay Golf Course. Look out for my red van.
- Gathimba Edwards Foundation Quiz NightThu, Feb 27The Ashvale
- FLJ Leader TrainingMon, Feb 10The Mariner HotelFeb 10, 2020, 8:00 PM – Feb 11, 2020, 9:30 PMThe Mariner Hotel, 349 Great Western Rd, Aberdeen AB10 6NW, UKFor anyone who would like to step up and help out either leading or tailing the runs, or even just being on the standby list, or helping with the C25k group, we will be hosting another leader training event on Monday 19th February after the runs.
The FLJs are an equal opportunities group, and welcome all adults, regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation.
The FLJs provide an inclusive environment for a wide range of members. Runners should treat each other and members of the public with respect. No one should feel that they have to disclose personal information or explain any aspect of their lifestyle.
Runners will have differing levels of comfort and confidence about their ability. Some may be nervous about participating in a group and others may require support to be part of a wider group. As a club we recognise only positive encouragement and support, as well as tolerance and acceptance.
Should anyone feel that this statement is not the being upheld by us all, then please contact one of the leaders.
Meet at Hammerton Store, 336 Great Western Road Aberdeen AB10 6LS