JOIN THE FIT LIKE JOGGERS
It's been difficult for many people during lockdown. Getting outdoors for a run is one of the best ways to improve your mental and physical health, as well as engaging with other people in a safe environment
The FLJs have been back running again since March 2021, and follow all the relevant Covid guidelines in place.
Everyone will have to sign up in advance through the Spond app. This way we can also manage group sizes.
Group 1 is our longer group, running between 6k and 9k. Groups 2 & 3 both run 5k at a steady and sedate pace,
Group 4 is our "Back to 5k" group, following a couch to 5k programme. Group 4 begins with 60 seconds of running and builds up over the weeks until you can run up to 5k. Keep an eye on the social media channels for details of when we start a new programme, although you are welcome to drop in any time, if you feel you are able.
The main group runs will be on Monday and Wednesday evening at 7pm, and we will hold a combined 5k group run on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 6am.
THE FIT LIKE JOGGERS
Couch to 5k and Beyond
Located in Aberdeen, The Fit Like Joggers Club provides a great opportunity to begin your running journey. You never know where it might lead you...
- Sat, 25 SeptBrewDog Castlegate
- Wed, 24 FebThe Great Western Hotel Aberdeen
- Mon, 11 JanHammerton Store11 Jan, 19:00 – 19:45 GMTHammerton Store, 336 Great Western Rd, Aberdeen AB10 6LX, UKNo promises, but we "hope" to start a new Couch to 5k Programme in January 2021. Under current restrictions, numbers will be limited to 13 participants in each group, and we may have two separate groups going. Open to anyone who wants to get in to (or back to) running.
- Thu, 21 MayMcGinty's Meal an' Ale
- Sat, 07 MarSt. Fittick's Community Garden07 Mar 2020, 11:30 – 12:45St. Fittick's Community Garden, St Fitticks Rd, Aberdeen AB11 9QT, UKJoin us on Saturday morning for an FLJ community clean up. We will start and finish at the site of the community garden on St Fittick’s Road (at the end of Balnagask Road) This is just beside the clubhouse for Nigg Bay Golf Course. Look out for my red van.
- Thu, 27 FebThe Ashvale
- Mon, 10 FebThe Mariner Hotel10 Feb 2020, 20:00 – 11 Feb 2020, 21:30The Mariner Hotel, 349 Great Western Rd, Aberdeen AB10 6NW, UKFor anyone who would like to step up and help out either leading or tailing the runs, or even just being on the standby list, or helping with the C25k group, we will be hosting another leader training event on Monday 19th February after the runs.
The FLJs are an equal opportunities group, and welcome all adults, regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation.
The FLJs provide an inclusive environment for a wide range of members. Runners should treat each other and members of the public with respect. No one should feel that they have to disclose personal information or explain any aspect of their lifestyle.
Runners will have differing levels of comfort and confidence about their ability. Some may be nervous about participating in a group and others may require support to be part of a wider group. As a club we recognise only positive encouragement and support, as well as tolerance and acceptance.
Should anyone feel that this statement is not the being upheld by us all, then please contact one of the leaders.